KAYLA FONTENOT, M.S. CCC-SLP
Hi, I'm Kayla.
I'm a speech-language pathologist. I help children that struggle to talk, play, understand how to follow directions, eat their fruits and veggies, and socialize with others. I help them to improve while making it feel like they're just having fun. I give parents the tools they needs to help their children have success both at home and in school.
I've worked in hospitals, rehab centers, and school districts across the state of Texas. I've been in private practice, my favorite setting, since 2012. I'm licensed in the state of Texas and I hold the Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech Language and Hearing Association (ASHA).
I founded a private practice because I believe in providing in-depth personalized services to the families that I work with. I like to spend time getting to know each child as an individual and I enjoy creating treatment plans that address their individual needs. I have considerable experience working with children of all ages and abilities.
If you have any questions about me, or about your child, I'd love to hear them. I offer free consultations to give you the opportunity to speak with me about your concerns and to determine how I can help. You can reach me by email, or by giving me a call. You can learn more about the services that I provide by clicking here. I look forward to hearing from you!
- Tongue Tie
- Member of the IAOM
- Trained in Myofunctional Therapy
- PROMPT Method
- ASHA Award for Continuing Education
- Motor Speech Disorders, Apraxia of Speech
- Feeding Therapy
- Assessment and Treatment of the Jaw
- Picture Exchange Communication System, PECS®
- TalkTools Sensory Motor Feeding
- TalkTools Oral Placement Therapy
- ASHA Special Interest Group 2 - Neurophysiology and Neurogenic Speech & Language Disorders
- Preschool Language Disorders